External databases are licensed information resources purchased by the library. They are sources of high-quality bibliographical and factual information. Most of them offer full-text articles, abstracts, references, and book reviews.
What is the best way to access them?
If you happen to be at the library...
- The electronic databases are accessed from the library computers located at the information service.
- The staff members of the information service will give you the access instructions.
- You can also send us your questions and comments about electronic resources.
To facilitate orientation, we offer a list of the field classification of databases.
What – EZproxy is a service that provides access to selected licensed electronic resources from your computer even outside the library.
Where – http://ezproxy.vkol.cz/
Who – The service is intended for the registered users of the Research Library in Olomouc (the access should work within an hour of registration); if you are not one of our users yet, you can pre-register.
How – The sign-in form can be found at http://ezproxy.vkol.cz/. To sign in, you should use the barcode of your Identification Card and password (PIN) which you entered during registration.
When – Access is available 24 hours a day, except when the website is undergoing maintenance.
Frequently asked questions.
- I am unable to sign in.
- Check whether the data you have entered correspond with the data entered during registration. If you are still unable to sign in, contact the library at email@example.com.
- Why don’t you offer remote access to all resources?
- It is impossible to include all resources in remote access because of the licence conditions of some providers.
- Are other sources available anywhere?
- They are, at http://aleph.vkol.cz/edb.htm you will find a list of all sources – paid and free – offered by the library. Some sources, e.g. CD/DVD ROMs, are accessible only from the computers located in the library.
- I am looking for a particular field; is there such a classification?
- There is; you will find the field classification here: list of field classification (Czech only).
- Where can I find electronic journals directly?
On the EZproxy service.