Traffic analysis

Vědecká knihovna Olomouc
Vědecká knihovna Olomouc
Česky English Deutsch

Important Dates in the History of the Research Library in Olomouc

­
1566 – Jesuit academy established in Olomouc; library founded.
1647 – Majority of books removed to Sweden as war booty from occupied Olomouc.
1704 – Book catalogue drawn up (held today by the Moravian Library in Brno).
1775 – University and library transferred to state control.
1807 – Library gains mandatory copy right to books published in Moravia (lasts until 1935).
1936 – Ministry of Education and National Enlightenment purchases former bank to serve as library building. Library still housed in this building today.
1947 - Library gains mandatory copy right to books published in the entire Czechoslovakia.
1991 – Library comes under administration of the Czech Ministry of Culture on 1 January 1991; library celebrates 425th anniversary of founding.
1993 – Building of local computer network (Department of Bibliographic-Information Services, Collection Operation line, and Department of Loans and Reprographic Services). Mandatory copy right only for books published in the Czech Republic beginning 1 January 1993).
1994 – Launch of automated bar code book lending system.
1995 – Transfer of internal operations to renovated building in the centre of the city (Ostružnická St.) and adaptation of current building with expanded user services.
1997 – Completion of courtyard construction of audiovisual reading room and expansion of storage area.
1999 – New audiovisual material reading room established. New ALEPH 500 library system with electronic catalogue established. Readers provided internet access to library catalogue.
2001 – As of 1 July 2001 RLOL is administered by the Regional Office of the Olomouc Region.
2005 – Additional new library operations building open opposite current building – with reading rooms and storage space.
2006 – Library celebrates 440th anniversary of its existence.
2008 – Complete redesign of library website and CMS launched.
2009 – Library joined to EOD project.
2011 – Reconstruction of library interior.
18b

Zábrdovice Evangelium, Romanesque manuscript from the 11th century.


Updated: 07.05.2012
Author: Web administrator
Send via an e-mail
Permalink


© 2008-2018 Research Library in Olomouc

Print page | Site map  | RSS RSS

Vědecká knihovna Olomouc, Bezručova st. 2 Olomouc 9, 779 11 tel.  +420-585 205 300 e-mail: info@vkol.cz Open Mon. - Fri. 8:30 am - 7:00 pm Sat. 9:00 am - 1:00 pm Sun. closed Mon., Wed. 11:30 am - 7:00 pm Tue., Thu., Fri. 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Sat., Sun. closed ­ ­Enlarge ­ 49°35'37.01"N, 17°14'49.­3­52"E­
Founder Olomouc Region
Powered by © Winternet 2008 - 2018
Updated: 17.08.2018 13:19
TOPlist